Why Become a Host?
Being a NXTSTOR host is one of the least time-consuming sidehustles you can find, and one that never requires you to leave your home. It takes less than 15 minutes to set up your account and get your listing live and less than 15 minutes each month to work with your renters. It pays extremely well, and you never have to deal with people staying in your space. Our hosts earn anywhere from $200-$400+ a month using the extra space in their homes. On NXTSTOR hosts share spaces in basements, attics, garages, and spare rooms.
Hosts can use our awesome features to take control of their space and earn money. Below are some of our favorites:
- Set the availability of your space: decide when renters will be able to get access to their items.
- We handle billing and customer service: we manage all the transactions and work with customers, so you don’t have to.
- Communicate with renters in-app: our chat allows you to easily connect with renters to learn more about them and coordinate details.
- Get your space rented for free: we never charge our hosts anything for being on the platform and devote our energy to getting their spaces rented
- Divide your space: we allow our hosts to divide their large spaces to earn more and maximize their space
Set Up Your Space
To start out renting your space make sure the area is clean. If you have old junk items in the space currently, we recommend using a collection service like 1-800 Got Junk. Once the area is free of clutter make sure it is cleaned up by sweeping it or mopping the area. If you need additional help making sure the space is clean, we suggest checking out a site like Homeadvisor, where you’ll be able to find an inexpensive maid service to clean the space.
Once the space is clean you can begin the process of setting it up to achieve maximum rental value. Things like locks, cameras, and shelves make your space more desirable for renters and can increase the value of the space per square foot. Another major trick that NXTSTOR hosts have up their sleeve is the ability to divide their spaces up to make smaller units. By marking off different units within a space, hosts can charge higher rents and get more renters. We generally recommend doing this by either marking the area out in black tape or by creating a physical barrier to make renters more comfortable. In the app, you’ll be able to add the units during the listing process.
Create Your Listing and Set Your Price
To get started, simply download the NXTSTOR app and create an account. From there you’ll be able to update your verification information, add a payout method, and finally create your listing to start getting paid. Setting up your listing is an incredibly easy process that should take less than 15 minutes. If you ever need additional help with the process, reach out to our support team at email@example.com , they’ll be able to walk you through the entire process to get your listing live.
On NXTSTOR hosts generally set the price of the listing. We encourage our hosts to charge between $0.50-$1.25 per square foot of space per month. Some factors to consider in listing your space are:
- How close to a city is my space?
- What features does my space have (cameras, locked access, climate controlled, etc.)?
- How often will the renter have access (24/7 access, weekday access, by appointment only, etc.)?
The more features and perks you can offer, the more rent you should be able to receive from your space. If your space is very large, consider splitting it into multiple spaces by marking off the area or dividing it with a physical divider.
We’re excited for you to join the community. If you ever have any questions or need help with anything feel free to reach out to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.